Monday, May 8, 2017

Post-it Art #28 - Kokiri Boots

The next piece of equipment from Ocarina of Time is the Kokiri Boots. On this one there was a variety of textures that needed to be shown clearly, such as the leather which makes up the outside. The inside of the boot which wraps around to the outside is never shown to be fur (and many models display it as leather), but I put it in for some more contrast in shading and texture. I have never properly drawn fur before so I didn't know any specific techniques. I tried to balance the shading on both the surface and the fur and it turned out nicely. I didn't look at any pictures of leather so I didn't know exactly which direction to go in; I added some subtle lines to emulate the "scales" shown on leather. I even added some crease lines around the heels and toes. For the sole I went with a cork-like texture (again not based on any model) and used stippling for the texture. I haven't been putting the most focus into this blog, but I'll try to keep up with the post-it arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment