Friday, April 21, 2017

Post-it Art #27 - Ocarina of Time

The titular ocarina from Ocarina of Time makes the final main item post-it art. Unlike all of the other post-it arts so far, I have decided to use color on this one because it is such an integral item in the game. I ended up using my standard mechanical pencil, the blue colored mechanical pencil graphite, and two yellow colored pencils. I think that the color adds to the overall presentation and contrast of the ocarina, and mixing in standard graphite worked very well for shading. Wile drawing this one I remembered the Hylian Shield which I drew when I first got the colored mechanical pencils and how the color seemed too desaturated; I tried to add more color and it worked out very well. I added in the Song of Time on a music staff for extra decoration. At first I forgot to include the band around the mouthpiece (and I got to the point where I was about to put it into the post!), so there might be a bit of extra blue in the band. For effect I added a reflection of the band on the ocarina, and I think that it looks very nice and adds a sense of realism. As promised within the next week or two I will post a main-series wrap-up with all 24 item post-it arts (excluding Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield) in their proper positions. A big thanks to all of my viewers for supporting me and sticking around!

No comments:

Post a Comment