Sunday, September 11, 2016

Colored Pencil - Color Wheel Hylian Shield

This drawing was created for an art homework for school and the assignment was to create a color wheel design. I chose a Hylian Shield, based off of the Twilight Princess design, and I created the color wheel with the gray metal framing centered on the Triforce.  I used a combination of my Derwent artist pencil set, my Staedtler colored pencils, and a pack of Crayola colored pencils. I think that it turned out very well. I was able to create a good lighting effect in the blue material in the body of the shield, which I used this model for. I felt I had some trouble in the lower right-hand side of the blue, where I used a black colored pencil to create a shadowed effect. I think that the shading also went well, and I liked how I made a darker edge along the inner part of the shadow. One thing I was concerned about was the blue part of the color wheel blending in with the blue body of the shield, but I put in gray around the entire wheel seemed to counter that problem. I will hopefully put up whatever other art homework I have as a supplement to the post-it art.

No comments:

Post a Comment