Sunday, September 3, 2017

Post-it Art #32 - Silver Scale

The first post-it art after a long summer hiatus is the Silver Scale from Ocarina of Time. This was the first time that I worked with pencil for a while, so I had to get used to working with it again. The in-game model for the scale uses a glossy, reflective texture for the outside sphere, and this turned out to be one of the main challenges of the drawing. I replicated the "strips" of light running vertically across the sphere, but since it was white it was hard to make it pop out. I think that I did a good job with making the scale itself feel suspended in the ball, neither inside nor outside of it. This was supposed to go up earlier but I kept forgetting to actually scan the post-it in; there is another equipment post-it art being drawn now which should go up in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment